ABOUT LA MARKET WEEK
The Summer 2019 LA Market Week, also known as LA Fashion Market will be held January 14 to January 16. Designers and brands will debut their collections for the upcoming Summer season at the showroom buildings on 9th and Los Angeles Streets. Additionally, multiple trade shows showcasing temporary collections (designers that do not have permanent showrooms in the Fashion District) will also be showcasing collections.
For the Lines Directory click here.
REGISTRATION AND BUYER REQUIREMENTS
Market Week is a trade-only event and buyers must be able to prove they have, or are working for, a licensed business.
Buyers will need to register for the LA Market Week at each building. At the Cooper Design Space, Gerry Building and The New Mart, buyers and retailers are asked to bring a business card. At the California Market Center (CMC), in order to register for market weeks, you must be able to provide the following credentials:
Registration for LA Market Week is typically on-site although some trade shows do offer pre-registration online.
California Market Center (CMC), 110 E. 9th St.
The New Mart, 127 E 9th St.
Cooper Design Space, 860 S Los Angeles St.
Gerry Building, 910 S Los Angeles St.
The Lady Liberty, 843 S. Los Angeles St.
Academy Award Clothes Showroom, 817 S. Los Angeles St.
SOME RESTAURANTS TO VISIT NEARBY
A list of local parking structures and lots can be found here.
TIPS FOR BUYERS
Santee Winter Wonderland is an annual holiday community event hosted by the LA Fashion District BID, in partnership with The Santee Alley and Council District 14. The event will take place on December 8th from 11am to 4pm on 11th Street between Santee Street and Maple Avenue. It’s a festive holiday celebration with fun activities for the whole family.
Here are 5 reasons why you should attend:
1. Price. It’s FREE! Need we say more?
2. Community. We have cool Community Partners and Sponsors: LAPD, LA Conservancy, Chrysalis, City of Los Angeles Office of the City Clerk Election Division, YMCA, DLANC, Alley Dog and Thank You Market LLC.
3. Activities. There will be a LOT of activities happening. This is completely true. Thanks to our awesome Community Partners, we have loads of activities planned for everyone — from giant Connect Four and Cornhole to Checkers and Tic-Tac-Toe.
4. Food. Thanks to Alley Dog and Thank You Market LLC, there will be food available for purchase with special pricing just for our event. Be sure to try the best bacon hot dogs + agua fresca combo for only $7.
5. SANTA!!! Who doesn’t want to take a Selfie with Santa? You can even bring your cute pups to take a “pelfie” with the jolly man in red!
We really hope we’ve convinced you to attend! But if you still need more convincing, take a look at last year’s event here.
See you there! #SWW2018
‘Tis the season to give thanks, and here at the Fashion District, we have a lot to be thankful for.
These are just a few of the things we most appreciate about the Fashion District (in no particular order):
1. Our Board of Directors
2. Our Staff
3. The Safe Team
4. The Clean Team
5. Our Residents
6. Delicious food from all of our great restaurants
7. Pizza from Superfine
8. Tacos from Sonoratown and Cilantro Lime
9. Bargain shopping at The Santee Alley
10. The culture and diversity
11. The beautiful buildings
16. Views from the Ace Hotel
17. Sample Sales
18. Celeb sightings in the district
19. Streets and streets of fabrics
20. Cool events held in the district
21. Original bacon-wrapped hot dogs from The Alley Dog
View this post on Instagram
Thinking about midnight snacks… 💭💭💭. . . . . #losangeles #downtownla #fashiondistrict #santeealley #thesanteealley #hotdog #beef #la #food #foodie #authentic #closeup #eaterla #eatla #dtla #dtlaartsdistrict #instagood #yummy #delicious #hungry #food #instapic #fresh #homemade #foodgasm #foodpics #foodstagram #instafood #taco
A post shared by The Alley Dog™ (@thealleydogla) on
22. All of our visitors
23. Beautiful art throughout our district
24. The countless flowers from the Flower District
25. And of course, you!
But trust us the list can go on forever. We love everything about our district and are thankful every day. We hope you enjoy your time with loved ones this Thanksgiving.
Happy Thanksgiving, from the Fashion District.
Hosted by the Fashion District Business Improvement District (BID) in partnership with The Santee Alley, Santee Winter Wonderland is an annual holiday community event that will take place on Saturday, December 8th from 11AM to 4PM. There will be activities for the whole family including face painting, holiday arts and crafts, games, food, shopping and so much more! Admission to the event is FREE. The event will be held on 11th Street between Santee Street and Maple Avenue in partnership with Council District 14. See last year’s event here.
Keep an eye out for more information coming soon!
Are you a vendor or volunteer interested in our event? Contact Elizabeth Zurita via email at email@example.com
The Los Angeles Conservancy has put together a special one-day event exploring the District and all the wonderful places and things it has to offer. LA Conservancy is a nonprofit membership organization that works through education and advocacy to recognize, preserve, and revitalize the historic architectural and cultural resources of Los Angeles County. The event will take place October 20th and offers several walking tours, set to happen throughout the day.
Each tour will allow for an hour-long lunch break and a 30-minute break between the afternoon tours. All schedules consist of the following three tours:
In addition to these three tours, they will also be having two mini tours: City Market and L.A.’s Forgotten Chinatown and Seed to Flower: The Growth of L.A.’s Flower Markets.
Come explore the district and be inspired. To learn more about the tour and how to book, visit the LA Conservancy’s event page here.