June 8, 2016
New to wholesale buying? Want to make your buying trips to LA more efficient? Learn how to successfully navigate showrooms and trade shows during LA Fashion Market with these three easy tips.
As the hub of the West Coast apparel industry, the LA Fashion District hosts five market weeks every year. LA Fashion Market takes places in the LA Fashion District’s designer showroom buildings. Buyers from all over the world attend LA Fashion Market to view designer collections for the upcoming seasons and place orders. There are multiple trade shows that exhibit during LA Fashion Market, featuring athleisure, contemporary, better contemporary, eco-fashion, accessories, maternity, and kids.
View the LA Fashion Market Fall / Holiday 2016 Buyer’s Guide here.
LA MARKET WEEK TIPS FOR BUYERS
- Time management: Managing your time while at Market is crucial. We recommend buyers make appointments with popular brands early, as they tend to book up quickly. We also suggest allotting time to walk the buildings, because sometimes the biggest successes are the showrooms you stumble upon by accident.
- Pre-plan: Buyers who come with a clear vision for what kind of styles and brands they are looking for will have a more successful market experience. Know your shopper and research brands you might be interested in ahead of time. To know what brands will be exhibiting at LA Fashion Market, check the Lines Directory. It is updated prior to each market week.We also recommend visiting trade show and showroom buildings’ websites and pre-register when possible. The LA Fashion District has a newsletters for wholesale buyers, which you can sign up for here. We also post market week and buyer information on this blog and on social media: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.Lastly, as a buyer, make sure you inventory and budget levels are well planned out before Market.
- Network: Building strong connections while attending LA Fashion Market can lead to lasting partnerships with vendors. Bring business cards and always follow up with new partners. Take advantage of educational and networking events whenever possible.
SEMINARS, EVENTS, AND SERVICES IN THE LA FASHION DISTRICT
California Market Center (CMC)
- CMC Retail Relations Service: Buyer perks, tours of the CMC building and show areas, suggestions on brands and showrooms, coffee, snacks, and other amenities
- LA Fashion Market Seminars: Business tips and fashion trend information from recognized industry insiders
- Market Passport Sweepstakes Promotion: Cash prizes ranging from $500 to $1000 for visiting showrooms and exhibitors
The New Mart
Cooper Design Space
NEW RESTAURANTS NEAR LA MARKET
Verve Coffee 833 S. Spring Street
Preux + Proper 840 S. Spring Street
Pattern Bar 100 W. 9th Street
Terroni 802 S. Spring Street
LA Chapter 930 S. Broadway
NEW SHOPS NEAR LA MARKET
BNKR Broadway and 9th
A.P.C. 125 W. 9th Street
AltHouse 761 S. Main Street
Skingraft 758 S. Spring Street
Tanner Goods 860 S. Broadway
Have questions about LA Market Week tips for buyers? Tweet us! @lafafshiondist