LA Fashion District Bridal Shopping Guide – Part 2
Part 2 of our Bridal Shopping guide series will help you find where LA Fashion District wedding dress stores are located. This post will also cover wedding decor and supplies and wedding flowers. Read Part 1 of the LA Fashion District Bridal Shopping Guide for information on where to shop for bridesmaid dresses; men’s suits, tuxedos, and formal wear; and flower and ring bearer outfits. The Fashion District has everything you need for your wedding, all at discounted prices!
There are a number of wedding dress stores open to the public. Here’s what you need to know.
- You can find a list of wedding dress vendors in the Fashion District here. Please note some of these may be wholesale only.
- Most LA Fashion District wedding dress stores are going to be located on Santee Street between Olympic Boulevard and 14th Street and on Maple Avenue between Olympic Boulevard and 12th Street.
- In our experience most places do not sell designer dresses. Although there are definitely some stores that do carry designer dresses. If you are looking for a particular dress, we suggest calling the store you are planning to visit in advance.
- Most wedding dress sales in the Fashion District are final sale. Make sure to inspect your gown, try it on, and be confident that it is the right dress before you purchase.
WEDDING DECOR & SUPPLIES
For tablecloths, center pieces, party favors, and all your DIY needs head over to the “LA Fabric District” (located within the LA Fashion District). Textile and notion stores are generally centered within four blocks, from 8th Street down to Olympic Boulevard, between Maple Avenue and San Julian Street. You’ll find that most stores with wedding decor and/or supplies are located on Maple Avenue and Wall Street.
The LA Flower District is home to the largest wholesale and retail selection of flowers in the United States. There are two main flower markets: The LA Flower Market and the California Flower Mall. There are also various independent flower vendors in the area. The California Flower Mall and various flower shops are open to the public during business hours. The LA Flower Market has very specific hours in which it opens to the public and they vary by day. For the full hours of operation please visit their respective websites.
Tips for Shopping in the LA Flower District:
- Bring cash. This is an absolute must as many vendors do not take credit cards, and it’s easier to negotiate pricing with cash.
- Plan on arriving early. Flowers get delivered around 3 a.m. and select vendors are open to the public as early as 4:30 a.m. The LA Flower Market closes as early as 11 a.m. on the weekdays and 2 p.m. on the weekends. The California Flower Mall closes by 4:30 p.m. The best selection of flowers will be available in the morning. Don’t worry, there are various coffee shops in the area!
- Street and private lot parking are both available in the area. To find parking lots nearby, click here.
- Give yourself enough time to smell the roses! Literally. You’ll want ample time to explore all the vendor booths and find the best deal on what you’re looking for. The Flower District is really a unique place. Give yourself enough time to enjoy it.
How to Order Arrangements and Specific Flowers:
- The LA Flower District includes both The Original LA Flower Market, the largest flower market in the country, and the California Flower Mall. Both are great options for purchasing fresh-cut flowers in bulk. If you’re looking for someone to make flower arrangements for your event, make your way to the California Flower Mall on 825 San Pedro St as there are more vendors there who specialize in event floral arrangements. Be sure to let the vendors know your event dates, choice of flower, and the color palette. Vases and floral accessories can be included in the total pricing of the order. Vendors will create samples upon your request and set price range based on information provided to them.
- Not sure where to start? Jerry’s LA Floral Lab in the California Flower Mall is known for his artistic designs and great prices. LA Floral lab is located at 824 San Julian St. It is open 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Saturday. Jerry also offers delivery and pickup services to your venue as early as 8 a.m. and until 5 p.m. the day before the event. It is recommended that orders be placed several months in advanced.
If you need help locating any of the areas mentioned above, make sure to download the LA Fashion District map.
The LA Fashion District Bridal Shopping Guide was updated August 2016 to reflect the most current tips, locations, and recommendations.