Insider Tips to Prom Shopping in the LA Fashion District
It’s that time of the year and we know shopping for prom dresses can be a little overwhelming. What color do you pick? Do you want a long dress? Short dress? Sleeves? No sleeves? The list of questions is endless!
Fortunately for you, we’re here to help. We took a walk throughout the Fashion District and found five stores that you shouldn’t pass up:
1. Trendy Too, 948 Santee St
Insider Tip: Here you can find good prices and friendly people.
2. Tevam Dresses, 1307 Santee St
Insider Tip: They carry designer gowns and specialize in custom gowns.
3. Mademoiselle, 914 S. Santee St
Insider Tip: You can find a large selection of dresses, veils and hair accessories.
4. Fenucci Design Inc., 934 Santee St
Insider Tip: The staff can really help you find what you’re looking for.
5. Noell, 1401 S Santee St
Insider Tip: Expect nothing but exceptional service at Noell – their stylists have a special way of helping pick dresses that fit your body type and personal style.
Still looking for more stores? Try Cecilia Couture, Jolie Couture Paris, Jolene, Atria Couture, La Femme Boutique, and Laurel’s Couture — all within steps of each other on Santee Street. You’ll find dozens more prom dress stores in the LA Fashion District concentrated in this area — on Santee Street, from 9th to 14th, and Maple Avenue, from Olympic Boulevard to 12th Street.
- Search the directory: Looking for a specific style or store? Contact prom dress stores directly using the Fashion District directory.
- Parking: We recommend parking in a private parking lot. Most parking lots are cash only and rates can vary from $5-15. Please note, all lots are independently owned and operated, and their hours of operation might vary.
- Return Policies: In general, LA Fashion District prom dress stores in the area tend to have a “final sale” or very short return policy. We highly recommend trying the dresses on before making a purchase and taking a second to check seams and embellishment details.
- Alterations: Most stores will either offer alterations on site or can recommend someone nearby.
- Pricing: Dress prices vary widely depending on the style of dress. Most dresses are in the $100-300 price range. Heavily beaded dresses will be the most expensive, while simpler designs will be on the lower end.
The best part about shopping for prom dresses at the LA Fashion District is that most of the stores update their collections regularly, meaning there’s always new dresses to shop! The selection of LA Fashion District prom dresses is unparalleled.