2017 LA Fashion District Prom Shopping Guide
The LA Fashion District Prom Shopping Guide is here! We have dozens of prom dress stores in the area and hundreds of dresses to choose from.
The annual LA Fashion District prom dress shopping guide is finally here! In this guide we share everything you need to know about buying prom dresses in the LA Fashion District. (See or previous prom shopping guides: 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016).
Where to Shop for Prom Dresses:
There are dozens of prom dress stores in the LA Fashion District, most of which are concentrated on Santee Street a from 9th to 14th Streets and Maple Avenue from Olympic Boulevard to 12th Street. (Download a map of the area here).
LA Fashion District prom dress stores are independently owned and operated, but most open between 9 and 10 a.m. and close between 5 and 6 p.m. Prom dress stores are open 7 days a week.
- Search the directory: Looking for a specific style or store? Contact prom dress stores directly using the Fashion District directory.
- Parking: We recommend parking in a private parking lot. Most parking lots are cash only and rates can vary from $5-15. Please note, all lots are independently owned and operated, and their hours of operation might vary.
- Return Policies: In general, LA Fashion District prom dress stores in the area tend to have a “final sale” or very short return policy. We highly recommend trying on the dress before making a purchase and taking a second to check seams and embellishment details.
- Alterations: Most stores will either offer alterations on site or can recommend someone nearby.
- Pricing: Dress prices vary widely depending on the style of dress. Most dresses are in the $100-300 price range. Heavily beaded dresses will be the most expensive, while simpler designs will be on the lower end.
The best part about shopping for prom dresses at the LA Fashion District is that most of the stores update their collections regularly, meaning there’s always new dresses to shop! The selection of LA Fashion District prom dresses is unparalleled.
Spring 2017 Prom Trends:
Without a doubt, 2017 is all about…
- Details and embellishments
- Sheer fabrics with appliques
- Long dresses and skirts
- 2-piece crop top and skirt styles
We stopped by a couple prom dress stores to see what they currently have in style. Scroll down for photos…
At LA Queen’s Boutique it was all about detailed embellishments with neutral and bright colors, gold and platinum long dresses and princess silhouettes in pastel colors.
LA Queen’s Boutique
912 S. Santee St.
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Hours: 9:30am – 5:30pm
At Maral Fashion we found two-piece styles in neutral and bright colors, short prom dresses, embellished trains and mermaid silhouettes.
Tip: Some stores offer discounts for group purchases. Bring your friends and ask the store if they’ll give a discount if you all buy from the same shop. It never hurts to ask.
401 E. 12th & Maple Ave. #18
Los Angeles, CA 90015
Mentioned in this Post