A Guide to LA Market Week
ABOUT LA MARKET WEEK
The LA Market Week, previously known as LA Fashion Market, is the West Coast’s premier destination for contemporary fashions, including apparel, accessories, and footwear. The market hosts various tradeshows that highlight both established and up-and-coming designers. With thousands of brands participating in the LA Market Week, this is the place for buyers to discover new brands and create new shopping experiences. LA Market Week takes place at the various contemporary showrooms in the district.
REGISTRATION AND BUYER REQUIREMENTS
LA Market Week is a trade-only event and buyers must be able to prove they have, or are working for, a licensed business.
Buyers and retailers wishing to attend LA Market Weeks will need to register at each building. At the Cooper Design Space, Gerry Building and The New Mart, Lady Liberty Building, and Academy Awards Clothes Showroom Building buyers and retailers are asked to bring a business card. At the California Market Center, in order to register for market weeks you must be able to provide the following credentials:
- Photocopy of Business License
- Photocopy of State Sales & Use Tax Certificate or Federal EIN Certificate
- Photocopy of three (3) current industry-related invoices
Registration is available on-site. Online registration varies by building.
California Market Center (CMC), 110 E. 9th St.
- Showroom Directory
- LA Kids Market – LA Kids Market is a children’s showroom collective showcasing Kids’ fashion lines, gifts, toys and lifestyle products.
- To register to attend at the CMC, click here.
The New Mart, 127 E 9th St.
Cooper Design Space, 860 S Los Angeles St.
The Lady Liberty, 843 S. Los Angeles St.
Academy Award Clothes Showroom, 817 S. Los Angeles St.
NEARBY “HOT SPOTS”
A list of local parking structures and lots can be found here.
TIPS FOR BUYERS
- Plan ahead! Know the brands and styles you are interested in ahead of time. Be sure your inventory and budget levels are good to go before your Market Week visit.
- Time management. Because there will be HUNDREDS of brands to see! Make a list and check it twice.
Mentioned in this Post