This newsletter will briefly recap our staff's efforts during the previous month, informing you about our ongoing initiatives and progress toward enhancing our neighborhood.
Operations & Public Space
A clean and safe neighborhood continues to be our top priority! See below for highlights from the month of May:
- The Safe and Clean team worked tirelessly to keep the Flower Districtclean and safe through both Mother's Day celebrations by deploying additional resources to the area.
- The Clean Team deployed three new electric carts, replacing two pick-up trucks. The electric carts are a fraction of the pick-up truck size, which allows the team to get to more areas quicker while reducing our carbon footprint at the same time.
- Our Safe Team continues to strengthen our relationship with our law enforcement partners by being a force multiplier. At the request of LAPD, this month, we increased presence patrols in areas that have seen an increase in property crimes.
- In collaboration with Marketing, our efforts in Placemaking continued with the installation of new Utility Box wraps throughout the district and a new pole wrap sample in the Santee Alley.
Marketing & Events
Aside from our year-round marketing and communications activities, additional projects that were completed in May include:
Policy & Civic Affairs
BID Staff continues their efforts to get the best outcome possible for the Fashion District community by meeting with staff from various council offices and community organizations on various issues. Additional highlights in the month of May include:
- Met with the Department of City Planning to get an understanding and an update on the timeline for pending DTLA2040 reports.
- BID Staff, Board Members, and Stakeholders attend CCA’s 27th Annual Treasures of Los Angeles at the J.W. Marriott Los Angeles at L.A Live. The event honored the Angel City Football Club, Downtown Women’s Center, and Lindsay Price Stone & Curtis Stone. Elex Michaelson of Fox11 News LA served as the emcee, and Mayor Karen Bass provided the keynote address.
- Attended “Shaping the Next Los Angeles,” a summit organized by City Age. The panels focused on the opportunities that the upcoming World Cup and Olympic Games have to reinvigorate the city’s infrastructure and ensure an equitable impact and legacy for Los Angeles.
Thank you for your continued support and partnership in our mission to promote and develop the LA Fashion District!